Here are 5 more ideas for your Super Bowl Party to finish out this week! They are all easily pulled off for a great gathering tomorrow night! Who will you be cheering for? Since our beloved Colts had a disappointing ending to the season, our family will be cheering for the Packers!
1) Nacho Bar – Provide chips, nacho cheese sauce (from the store or homemade*), jalapenos, tomatoes, black beans, olives, shredded lettuce, grated cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Also, Food Network Magazine had a great insert in the January/February issues with 50 different ideas for nachos!
*If you try homemade cheese sauce, here’s how I would do it. Make a traditional white sauce, add sharp cheddar cheese and a 4 oz. can of chopped green chilis.
2) Brownies – You even use a mix and sub strong coffee for the water or add 1-2 tsp. powdered instant coffee to the mix. The coffee give the brownies incredible depth of flavor.
3) Build-Your-Own Sundae Bar – Hot Fudge, Caramel, Strawberries, Bananas, Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Sprinkles, Whipped Cream, Cherries, and more.
4) Chicken Tenders or Wings – I’m linking to two excellent recipes that I have made. The first is traditional Buffalo Wings w/Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce and the second is a delicious twist on wings – Tandori Chicken Wings w/Peanut Dipping Sauce. They are quite easy and very good!
5) And my husband’s suggestion is a Baked Potato Bar. Provide great big baked potatoes with chili, broccoli, ham, bacon, cheese, sour cream, peas, olives, white sauce, caramelized onions. It makes for a filling and creative alternative to nachos.
Of course, no Super Bowl post would be complete without mentioning Pizza. Making your own is easy, inexpensive and so tasty!
We also love a great big bowl of homemade Caramel Corn for game time snacking!
We hope that you have found some great ideas recipes for the big Game Day! Enjoy your family and friends as well as cheering on your favorite team to victory!